Insects in English. Learn and practise names of insects in English. Check the lesson and then do the online exercises at the bottom of the site.
Learn the names of baby animals in English – go here.
Exercise 1. Guess the word.
- destroys a lot of crops
- feeds on the skin
- has black dots
- can be very colourful
- feeds on blood
- eats the male partner
- lives in colonies and build hills
- a “night’ butterfly
- pollinates flowers
- can sting you
- destroys a lot of crops – locust
- feeds on the skin – lice, fleas
- has black dots – a ladybird
- can be very colourful – a butterfly
- feeds on blood – a mosquito
- eats the male partner – a praying mantice
- lives in colonies and build hills – an ant
- a “night’ butterfly – a moth
- pollinates flowers- a bee
- can sting you- a wasp, a hornet
Learn the vocab from this lesson and then do the online exercises to check how much you have remembered.