Vocabulary: describing food. Learn adjectives for describing food taste in English. Then, do specially designed exercises to practise the words.
Do you like cooking? Learn some English words for spices – here.
Vocabulary: describing food
Exercise 1. Give examples.
- Give examples of food that is …..
2)Which things can be eaten raw and which must be eaten cooked?
1.Give examples of food that is …..
- sour – a lemon, a grapefruit, a quince, black currant, red currant
- spicy – a vindaloo, a chilli pepper, curry
- bitter -cinamon, a quince, dark chocolate
- inedible – some mushrooms
- heavy – fries, chips, red meat, a hamburger, fast food, cream
- sweet – milk chocolate, sweets, sugar, chocolate bars
- light – lettuce, raw vegetables, fruit, yoghurt
2.Which things can be eaten raw and which must be eaten cooked?
raw – carrots, lettuce, apples, oranges, cauliflowers, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, kiwi
cooked – potatoes, beans,chicken, beef, pork, pasta, rice, courgette
Practise vocabulary online:
Learn the words and do the online exercises to check how much you have remembered from the lesson.