Vocabulary: extreme sports. Learn and practise vocab connected with extreme sports. Then, do the exercises at the bootom of the site.
Get to know names of 43 sport disciplines in English.
Vocabulary: extreme sports:
Extreme sports – expressions:
to boost the level of adrenaline – to increase / stimulate the level of adrenaline
to take a risk – do something risky
risky – dangerous, posing a risk
to seek sensation – look for sensation
sensation seeking – (adj.) wanting / looking for sensation
lethal – deadly
perilous – dangerous
a high degree of risk – a lot of risk
an adrenaline junkie – a person addicted to adrenaline
- People doing extreme sports take enormous risks.
- BASE jumping is one of the most deadly sports.
- Some poeple can’t stop doing extreme sports, because they seek constant senstation.
- My friend is an adrenaline junkie – he needs a lot of stimulation.
- Doing extreme soprts helps to boost the level of adrenaline.
Practise vocabulary online:
Exercise 1. Answer the questions.
- Have you ever tried any extreme sports? Which ones?
- Would you like to try any extreme sports? Why?
- Why do you think people get addicted to extreme sports?
Exercise 2. Name the sports in the pictures.